At Fitz Equipment, we have a huge inventory of torque converters that we can manufacture to meet your specific needs. Allison Torque Converters allow for a fully automatic engine transmission and provides powerful torque and smooth power shifts while effectively utilizing horsepower.
We offer TC 575, TC 585, TC 845, TC 945, and TC 955 rebuilt Allison torque converters and component parts.
About Alison Torque Converters:
- Allison Torque Converters are normally found on construction equipment, crane carriers and in the oil field.
- Horsepower for Allison units ranges from 300hp to 550hp, with an RPM range of 1800 rpm to 3000 rpm.
Proven Reliability for Demanding Operations
Torque converters by Allison Transmission are one of the industry’s trusted brands in heavy machinery. Their products are well-known for efficiently multiplying engine torque, allowing heavy equipment to gain full automatic transmission.
Torque converters from this brand deliver more power to the wheels, thereby increasing heavy equipment performance. As a result, you experience improved engine performance, better operational flexibility and faster acceleration. They’re perfect when your operations take you to difficult locations with rugged terrain and demanding work conditions.
The Allison Torque Converters are generally found on construction equipment, crane carriers, and oil fields. The horsepower for Allison units ranges from 300hp to 550hp, with an RPM range of 1800 rpm to 3000 rpm.
- Gearing: No Gearing
- Oil Type: C-3, C-4, 10W
- Mounting: SAE No. ½ 0 Automatic Flywheel Housing, SAE No. 1 Automatic Flywheel Housing
- Dry Weight: 700 lbs to 1400 lbs
- Torque Converter Ratio: Various Ratios Available with Allison TC systems
- Control System: Multiplies Torque Hydraulically
- Optional Engine Driven PTO: No PTO provisions available
- Cooling System: Remote mounted cooler element
Allison Torque converters have these built-in:
- Oil system
- Charging oil pump
- Oil cooler
- Easy mounting drive
Other features include:
- One standard housing for all engines in the horsepower range
- Wider engine horsepower coverage
- Greater parts interchangeability for a variety of installations
- Greater versatility of installation for any given engine
Why Use the Allison Transmission Brand
Many heavy equipment operators and trucking professionals prefer the automatic transmission system provided by Allison Transmission. Their models have been shown to outperform products provided by competing brands. When you purchase from our line of Allison Torque converters, you gain certain vital advantages:
Improved Gas Mileage and Fuel Savings
Studies have shown that Allison branded converters require five percent less fuel, which can lead to savings of $1,000 per annum per vehicle or machine. In addition, they can improve mileage by 0.33 miles per gallon.
Availability of Parts
Many manufacturers tend to retire or discontinue the production of old transmission parts, including torque converters. This situation becomes a problem for companies who rely on their equipment. Fortunately, you can find plenty of replacement refurbished parts for torque converters from Allison Transmission.
Allison Torque Converters are used in automatic transmissions, which provide better and smoother torque, allowing engines to transition between gears easily. You rarely experience a loss of power as the gears shift.
Top-Notch Customer Support and Guarantee
We provide our clients with unmatched support services for all your transmission replacement, repairs and other needs. Please fill out our contact form below so our specialists will know how we can best help you.