Industrial Hydraulic Torque Converters
Fitz Torque Converters has a large inventory of FIP, National, Twin Disc, and Allison hydraulic torque converters. With an extensive inventory of converters and component parts, we have the ability to ship same or next day to minimize your down time. Fitz can provide both exchange units and outright purchase on all models. Fitz does not limit the sale of torque converters to just the continental United States, but offer products world wide.
Fitz went into the manufacturing business of torque converter in 2012 with our first line of torque converters the C195 model. Later adding the C300 to the FIP Torque Converter line. These units are available for horsepower in the ranges of 350-1300hp. Our units are currently running worldwide.
FIP C195 Torque Converter
The FIP C95 torque Converter comes in both the Type “F” or Basic Converter and the Type “FH”. Please click here for more details on this model converter.
National torque converter is a single-stage torque converter designed for higher peak efficiency with minimal moving parts. Fitz specializes in National torque converters of all models, C195, C245, and C300. Fitz maintains an extensive inventory of complete units and replacement parts which allows for quick delivery and turnaround. Complete units, and parts are normally in stock and ready for same day shipping.
- Maximum torque available during peak power requirements
- Reduced engine maintenance and overhaul costs
- Fewer liner sizes required when pumps are driven by torque converters
- Maximum flexibility and complete control through the entire load range
- Reduces or eliminates shock to equipment
- Does not overheat while operating at light loads
- One pump performs both functions
- Chain driven; easily adjustable
- Removable as a unit
- High-capacity flow rate permits more efficient oil cooling
- Accessible from outside of sump
- Oil filters externally mounted and easily removed
- Pressure and temperature gauges are shock-protected and easily replaced
Twin Disc offers single stage hydraulic torque converters of both stationary and rotating housing type and three stage hydraulic torque converter. The Twin Disc Three-Stage torque converter design, incorporating three rings of turbine blades and two sets of reactor or stator blades, develops a very high torque factor-up to five times engine output torque when at stall. The 10,000 series is rated for applications up to 335 hp at 2400 rpm; the standards-duty 11,500 series to 420 hp at 2200 rpm; the heavy duty 11,500 series to 800 hp at 2200 rpm.
Model F Units
Bolts directly to the engine flywheel housing. A positive gear-tooth drive transmits power from fly-wheel with no clutch. Model F input drive is available on all sizes.
Model FO Units
Model FO units are open-end, flywheel-mounted torque converters with overspeed or boom-lowering freewheel. Units are available in the 10,000 series.
Input & Output Combinations
A variety of output combinations is available with various three-stage converters. Type B is a chain housing. This is available with the 10,000 and the standard-duty 11,500 series. Type C-1 output is a straight shaft for direct connection to the driven load; the Type C-2 is a flanged shaft for universal joint connection; Type C-3 is similar to the Type. The heavy-duty 11,500 series converter is offered with a heavy-duty type C-3 output. This series is adaptable to all applications required to withstand heavy side-pull loads.
Twin Disc Fluid Couplings: 27” HUD-00
Performance to 1500 hp @ 1500 rpm
The Model 27-inch HUD is a disconnect-type fluid coupling P.T.O which when used in a drive train eliminates the need for a disconnect clutch. The disconnect feature can be rapid or normal. Normal disconnect is provided by bleeding the coupling oil through orifices located at the periphery of the coupling. If quick disconnect is required, an optional set of four dump valves can be ordered. The dump valves, using no sliding parts or rubber connections, open large ports to rapidly exhaust the coupling oil. Dump valves can be installed in the field if not ordered originally, but desired.
We offer TC 575,TC 585, TC845,TC 945, and TC 955 rebuilt Allison and component parts. Allison Torque Converters are normally found on construction equipment, crane carriers and in the oil field. Horsepower for Allison units ranges from 300hp to 550hp, with an RPM range of 1800 rpm to 3000 rpm.
- Gearing: No Gearing
- Oil Type: C-3, C-4, 10W
- Mounting: SAE No. ½ 0 Automatic Flywheel Housing, SAE No. 1 Automatic Flywheel Housing
- Dry Weight: 700 lbs to 1400 lbs
- Torque Converter Ratio: Various Ratios Available with Allison TC systems
- Control System: Multiplies Torque Hydraulically
- Optional Engine Driven PTO: No PTO provisions available
- Cooling System: Remote mounted cooler element