If you own a large industrial operations chances are you have run into your fair share of heavy equipment failures. When your expensive equipment goes down in the field or in the warehouse you can see dollar signs. The big question is, can I simply repair or service my industrial equipment, or do I need to replace it or need replacement parts. Fitz Equipment Co. Inc. specializes in exactly this. If we can’t repair your industrial air compressor most likely we carry the parts to replace what’s malfunctioning. Before you pick up the phone to contact us here are some basics on whether your industrial air compressor needs service or replacement.
Signs your Air Compressor just needs repair or service
• Low Pressure: Low, no, or decreased pressure is one of the most common issues with an air compressor. Typically, these can be caused by a leak in the system, slipped belt, worn piston rings, or reporting issue etc. Luckily because this is a common problem the Fitz Equipment team is available 24/7 for on call repair.
• Thermal Overload: If your machine is suffering from a thermal overload the first thing to check is the ventilation of the machine. Make sure there is no clutter on the ground or near the ventilation systems. Next clean the any coolers and reset. If the problem persists call a technician.
Signs your Air Compressor Needs Replacement Parts
• Unresponsive: If your system is failing before you can even get the machine on or responsive you will definitely need to call in the professionals. Without power to the machine it is very hard to determine the issue and what part may need replacement.
• Tripped Breaker: Tripped breakers typically involves the electrical circuit. It could simply be a blown fuse, however when an issue involves the electricity to the unit it is always best to call a technician.
• Loud Noise: Industrial Air Compressors are not what you would call quiet, however there should be a consistency with the noise from the machine. If your machine becomes louder, rattling, sputtering etc. There is most likely a broken part, this typically involves a repair.
One of the best things you can invest in for your big equipment is a maintenance service. When you have a whole operation depending on this machinery having a licensed and qualified technician come out and prevent large breakdowns and replace parts that are wearing down before failure can save you time and money. Learn more about our maintenance services today and request a quote!