About Fitz Torque Converters
National and Twin Disc Hydraulic Torque Converters
Fitz Torque Converters has a large inventory of new and rebuilt National, Twin Disc, and Allison hydraulic torque converters as well as new and remanufactured component parts. With an extensive inventory of converters and component parts, we can ship same or next day to limit your down time.
National Torque Converter
National torque converters are a specialty of Fitz Torque Converters. We sell and service all C model converters. Each unit is completely torn down, vatted, and sandblasted and rebuilt back to OEM specifications. We have a vast inventory for exchange and outright sales.
- Maximum torque available during peak power requirements
- Reduced engine maintenance and overhaul costs
- Fewer line sizes required when pumps are driven by torque converter
- Maximum flexibility and complete control through the entire load range
- Reduces or eliminates shock to equipment
- Does not overheat while operating at light loads
- One pump performs both functions
- Chain driven; easily adjustable
- Removable as a unit
- High-capacity flow rate permits more efficient oil cooling
- Accessible from outside of sump
- Oil filters externally mounted and easily removed
- Pressure and temperature gauges are shock-protected and easily replaced
Twin Disc Torque Converter
Twin Disc offers single stage hydraulic torque converters of both stationary and rotating housing type and three stage hydraulic torque converters.
The Twin Disc Three-Stage torque converter design, incorporating three rings of turbine blades and two sets of reactor or stator blades, develops a very high torque factor-up to five times engine output torque when at stall. The 10,000 series is rated for applications up to 335 hp at 2400 rpm; the standards-duty 11,500 series to 420 hp at 2200 rpm; the heavy duty 11,500 series to 80 hp at 2200 rpm.
Model F Units:
Bolts directly to the engine flywheel housing. A positive gear-tooth drive transmits power from fly-wheel with no clutch. Model F input drive is available on all sizes.
Model FO Units:
Model FO units are open-end, flywheel-mounted torque converters with overspeed or boom-lowering freewheel. Units are available in the 10,000 series.
Input & Output Combinations:
A variety of output combinations is available with various three-stage converters. Type B is a chain housing. This is available with the 10,000 and the standard-duty 11,500 series. Type C-1 output is a straight shaft for direct connection to the driven load; the Type C-2 is a flanged shaft for universal joint connection; Type C-3 is similar to the Type C-1 with extra-heavy bearings for side loads. The heavy-duty 11,500 series converter is offered with a heavy-duty type C-3 output. This series is adaptable to all applications required to withstand heavy side-pull loads.
Allison Torque Converters
We offer TC 575, 585, 845, 8, 945, and TC 955 rebuilt Allison and component parts.
- New or rebuilt units exchange or outright
- An extensive inventory of replacement parts
- Experienced field technicians
- 24 hour field service
back to top